As some of you know, I’m challenging myself to use an assortment of spices this season and decided to start things off with cardamom. Full disclosure, I made this about 1.5 weeks ago and the slacker that I am haven’t gotten around to a blog post about it until now. Better late than never, right? Anyways, onto my creation: cardamom coffee! Brilliantly simple or easy way out? I did a poll with a few friends and results were split down the middle. Regardless, the coffee was delicious and jazzed my breakfast right up when I was feeling a little fancy that Saturday morning.
Here’s how I made it (with pictures below):
- Put kettle of water on to boil
- Grind coffee beans and 1-2 pods of cardamom
- If you’re not familiar with cardamom, I’d start with 1 pod – it’s a relatively strong flavor
- Pour coffee bean mixture into French Press
- Pour water over the grounds, put the lid on, and let steep
- Once steeped, press the handle down and pour yourself a cup
- Optional: add a bit of honey to sweeten things up (it’s delightful!)
Voila! A cup of coffee that will transport you to another land! And let’s face it, we all need to pretend we’re anywhere other than our apartment these days.
If you think this was the easy way out for cardamom, don’t worry, chances are VERY good I’ll be using the spice in another tasty treat soon. So keep your eyes peeled!